Working as a Gloucester Solicitor, such as those professionals in https://www.deeandgriffin.co.uk/ is an incredibly varied role. Although solicitors cna specialise in one form of law such as conveyancing or family there is the possibility of working across a number of different interests. Law itself is full of interesting facts and we thought we would share some of the more bizarre ones with you.
- Mince Pies are a staple at Christmas time but there was a period of time in the past when it was illegal to eat them on Christmas Day! What a thought. No mince pies and custard for pudding.
- Most people are aware that swans belong to the Queen or rather the reigning monarch but did you know that she legally owns all the whales as well?
- The UK is the only country that does not have to have the country’s name on its postage stamps.
- Here is one that we have probably all broken – it is illegal to sing Happy Birthday whilst in a restaurant.
- Here is a bit of riddle for you. US eggs can not be sold in the UK because they are washed before being packaged and equally UK eggs can not be sold in the US because we do not wash our eggs before packaging.